Severe Dry Eyes
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes, which usually affect both eyes, may include:
- A stinging, burning or scratchy sensation in your eyes
- Stringy mucus in or around your eyes
- Increased eye irritation from smoke or wind
- Eye fatigue after short periods of reading
- Sensitivity to light
- Difficulty wearing contact lenses
- Periods of excessive tearing
- Blurred vision, often worsening at the end of the day or after focusing for a prolonged period
Common Treatment Options
*All treatment could be done in office, except for tarsorrhaphy surgical procedure.
Other severe dry eyes treatments includes autologous serum eye drop and last resort, tarsorrhaphy procedure.